About the Ticketer Group
As featured in The Sunday Times Profit Track 100 in April 2021, Ticketer has grown to become the UK’s market leader of smart electronic ticketing technology across the public transport sector. Ticketer’s software enables passengers to use the latest payments technologies, whilst providing operators with real-time performance insights to improve efficiency, service levels, and profitability.
Ticketer was one of only sixty-six companies in the UK to receive the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, for Innovation in 2020. Something which the whole team is enormously proud of.
In 2018, Ticketer expanded into Europe with the acquisition of the Nordic’s leading ticketing company (FARA) and is continuing to support the public transport industry as it deals with the challenges to its operations caused by social distancing and lockdowns.
The Ticketer Group now consists of both Ticketer and FARA brands and is in an exciting phase of growth with a new CEO who joined in October 2020 and is passionate about continuing the same pace of innovation to revolutionise the industry. This has kicked off significant investment in new systems, processes, and products to capitalise on an already market-leading position.
About the Role
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic Product Marketing Manager who wants to work in an ambitious company with exciting growth plans.
The role is remote-based and the candidate would have responsibility for product marketing across the Ticketer Group, for both our UK brand Ticketer and Nordics brand FARA. Travel would be required to both the UK and Norway, as well as other European markets on an ad hoc basis. The frequency of travel will depend on where you are based and can be discussed in more detail.
Good written and verbal Norwegian and/or Swedish is required, and excellent English written and verbal skills essential.
You would be working in collaboration with Product Owners across the Group to produce the required information and the Central Marketing team to deliver external-facing campaigns. You would become the point person for the whole company on all products within the portfolio.
You will need plenty of energy for this role as there are lots to be done, and we’re looking for someone who will be motivated by the opportunity to make a real difference in a fast-growing company.
The Group Product Marketing Manager will need to:
- Have a passion for understanding how products work at a very detailed level and are confident in independently building up product knowledge across territories.
- Immerse themselves with the product team to fully understand the product roadmap and create value propositions, key messaging, proof points to provide compelling product and campaign content.
- Translate product knowledge and technical detail into easy-to-understand content and deliver branded help sheets, user guides, how-to guides, videos, and a library of product images.
- Work closely with product owners in the UK and Nordics to build external communication plans for new product/solution launches.
- Communicate the vision and value of new and existing products to internal teams.
- Provide support for key sales tenders where in-depth product information is requested.
- Undertake market research and competitive analysis to help develop market strategies and provide insight to position products.
- Confidently talk about and present our products at event exhibitions, product webinars, and trade association meetings.
- Build relationships with key customers to obtain feedback on functionality, gain an understanding of industry needs, and be able to source and deliver case studies and testimonials.
You will be someone who has:
- Attention to detail, planning, and time management skills.
- Enjoys engaging with all levels of the business and a cross-section of business function, teasing out details from your colleagues to be successful.
- Passion for evangelising the products, ensuring the business knows everything they can about the products and gains maximum value from what is available.
- Reasonable technical product understanding, and owns the positioning, collateral generation, and messaging around the products. Proven ability to work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, and Product Management is especially important.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of our products, for various internal and external marketing channels.
- Research skills and a thirst to obtain market insight and industry knowledge.
- A reasonable competence for understanding technical elements of a Software as a Service and device business.
- Experience of marketing principles and techniques to create a marketing communication flow that leads to sales.
- True team spirit who is happy to roll up their sleeves and help a colleague, even if something falls outside of their remit.
- Experience of working across international subsidiaries or different cultures. This would be helpful but is not essential. Our external communications are predominantly in English across the Group, but collateral will need to be created in local languages across the Nordics for certain products. Therefore Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish or Danish speakers are encouraged to apply.