FARA is a leading supplier of IT solutions to the public transport sector. We deliver solutions and products providing real-time information to efficiently solve the different needs of the stakeholders in the sector. Our intelligent and easy-to-use systems contribute to a more efficient transit service, increased quality and better safety.
In 2019, FARA joined Ticketer, the UK’s market leader in bus ticketing technology, bringing together two companies with a strong joint mission; to make travel easy. Together, we are called the Ticketer Group.
Over the next few years, we will be transforming the transport ecosystem by enabling customer efficiency through operational insight, leading the way in local and national mobility and delivering first-class, frictionless travel experiences.
Together, the Group is able to offer customers the very latest technology in intelligent transport ticketing, back office software and passenger-facing apps, focusing on providing Real Time Information for use on board, online and on mobile to increase usage of public transport facilities. And today’s numbers are impressive, with our equipment on over 30,000 buses across Europe, over 5.5 million daily passengers using our ticketing system and with 3.5 billion tickets being issued in the UK alone.
The company is at a very exciting stage of their growth and journey, and we are seeking highly motivated
Business Analyst IT
Location: Warsaw / partly remote
Reports to: Vice President Product Management RTI
Role and responsibilities:
- Analyzing and understanding customer requirements
- Writing system specifications and use cases
- Collecting information from customers and business representatives for being able to define and refine epics and user stories
- Defining acceptance criteria for new product features
- Close cooperation with Product Owner, developers and testers in the Agile Development Team on backlog refinements
- Facilitate and contribute in requirements triage with customers and Product Management
- Work as a bridge between the customers and business representatives and the Agile Development Team.
- Identify gaps in understanding between the customers and the development team
- Helping Delivery Projects and Product Management in requirement management
- Helping the Product Owner in keeping the product backlog and roadmap up to date
- Be aligned with the Product Owner to communicate the product vision
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner
- A great communicator and facilitator, verbally and written English
- Capable of creating concise requirements and acceptance criteria to establish clarity and focus in complex situations
- Passionate about developing new and great products
- Systematic and strong analytical capabilities, acting as an investigator and a fact checker
- Comfortable speaking to software engineers and being able to communicate ideas and the product vision effectively
- Excellent collaboration and organizational skills
- Strong sense of quality ownership
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
NICE TO HAVE -
- structured and comfortable in challenging surroundings
- Experience with Atlassian Jira
- Familiar with Agile principles, being helpful and having an Agile mindset
- Comfortable working through on-line communication tools with stakeholders at all levels
- Aspiring to become a Product Owner
- Positive and friendly working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Cooperation with International Team
- Professional and personal development in a fast growing company
- Competitive terms and conditions
- And much more!