In 2019, Ticketer, the UK’s market leader in bus ticketing technology, joined forces with FARA, the Nordic market leader, bringing together two companies with a strong joint mission; to make travel easy. Together, we are called the Ticketer Group.
Over the next few years, we will be transforming the transport ecosystem by enabling customer efficiency through operational insight, leading the way in local and national mobility and delivering first-class, frictionless travel experiences.
Together, the Group is able to offer customers the very latest technology in intelligent transport ticketing, back office software and passenger-facing apps, focusing on providing Real Time Information for use on board, online and on mobile to increase usage of public transport facilities. And today’s numbers are impressive, with our equipment on over 30,000 buses across Europe, over 5.5 million daily passengers using our ticketing system and with 3.5 billion tickets being issued in the UK alone.
FARA is looking for a DevOps Expert that will help in automating manual processes and to reduce the time between receiving customers’ needs and placing new customer value in production, while ensuring high quality. You will be key on ensuring software development teams are working in line with industry best DevOps practices.
- Establish a plan for a fully automated pipeline for test, build, deploy and monitoring - enabling CI/CD capability across all teams
- Analyse existing processes and make recommendation for improvements
- Promote DevOps culture and practices
- Work with software development teams and operations teams on creating tooling roadmaps and processes that enables industry best standards
- Convert manual work into efficient automation
- Establish automatic software quality assurance tools and practices
- DevOps evangelist - driving DevOps culture and practices
- Proven record of successful implementation for DevOps practices in the entire software development life cycle
- You can identify manual processes that can be automated efficiently
- Wide experience with back-end technologies for web applications/microservices and client technologies for mobile applications and hardware installations (e.g. Enterprise Android or Linux devices).
- Experience with logging and monitoring infrastructure (e.g. ELK, Datadog, New Relic)
- Experience in designing and building available, resilient, large-scale, distributed systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and distater self recovery
- Extensive experience in Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps practices for software installed on Enterprise Mobile Devices
- Experience with Linux and Windows based systems
- Excellent communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Atlassian Software – we work with JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket
- Keycloak, LDAP
- SOTI or other Mobile/Device Management systems
- Fastlane or other automation tool for mobile apps
- B2B contract, 50% position for a minimum of 6 months
- Positive and friendly working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work possibility
- Cooperation with International Team
- Professional and personal development in a fast growing company
- Competitive terms and conditions
- And much more!